Friday, August 04, 2006

A special tribute to some very special people

Every entry I write takes months of inspiration, a kick ass quote I get from some book and of course a lot of free time. This time its different. Straight from the heart, a big thank you to some of my oldest and most loyal friends. It doesn’t end here, it never will. But we all move on. The past ten odd years of my life have been nothing less than amazing for me. Each one of these friends is special in their own way and I have developed a unique bond with every single one of them. Most importantly, they are like family. All of them are like brothers and sisters (elder or younger doesn’t necessarily depend on age). The beauty is we dont have to be best friends, neither do we have to meet everyday but we still trust each other, are there for each other, in every sense of the word. Dance was definitely something that will always be a big part of us; from Hindi school to Diwali, from weddings to Holi, we did it all. I have done countless dances with some of them for ten years now and I have to say, it’s been an honor. As I ended my last dance, I looked back with satisfaction but looked forward with a heavy heart. That day as I walked backstage and embraced my best friends, time slowed down and memories came rushing back. We stood there in silence, enjoying every bit of that moment. It seemed like forever and I guess that is what it really is. Things are going to be different 5, 10 years from now but I am never going to forget all the wonderful moments we shared. It’s a beautiful ending to an extraordinary journey. Whatever happens in the future, I am convinced, I have lived the best days of my life.


"Friends are golden, but my friends are gold."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude u always say its ur last dance....